About the Author
Mike Bass retired in 2000 from Accenture, a large international business consulting firm. Prior to moving to The Woodlands in November 2008, Mike served in various appointed and elected positions with the General Law city of Clear Lake Shores. This included serving as President of the City’s Economic Development Corporation, a member of City Council and Chairman of the City’s Planning and Zoning Commission.
Since moving to The Woodlands, Mike has become known for his breadth of community involvement and contacts within The Woodlands. He has served in many community roles such as Sterling Ridge Village Association Board, the Sterling Ridge Residential Design Review Committee and the Design Standards Committee, the Vice Chairman of the Township Board of Directors, Chairman of the Township’s Ad Hoc Transportation Committee and Audit Committee, The South County Chamber of Commerce’s Mobility Committee, a Director of the Woodlands Road Utility District and Vice Chairman of the Conroe/The Woodlands Urbanized Transit Zone. Mike currently is a member of Rotary and George’s Coffee Club.
- Born March 3, 1943
- Married November 1967
- Retired in 2000 (Senior Partner with Accenture)
- Two grown sons living in The Woodlands with three grandchildren.
- Has lived in Houston (three times), Chicago (twice), New York, Singapore and Vancouver (British Columbia).
- Graduated from Baylor University in 1965 with a BBA majoring in accounting.
- Served six years in the US Army Reserve and the Texas National Guard.
- Arthur Andersen & Co., obtaining his CPA certificate in 1967.
- Accenture (international business and technology consulting firm--35 years of international business experience in logistics, procurement, plant scheduling and operations and materials management.
- VP of Marketing and Operations for a mid-size fabrication company.
Post Retirement Experience:
City of Clear Lake Shore (Galveston County)-1999-2010
- Economic Development Corporation, President o City Council Member and Mayor Pro Tem
- Planning and Zoning Commission, Chairman
The Woodlands – 2008 to Present
- Sterling Ridge Village Association Board (Past)
- Sterling Ridge Residential Design Review Committee (Past)
- Design Standards Covenant Committee. (Past)
- Neighborhood Watch Coordinator (Past)
Township Board of Directors, Director (Since May 2012) and Vice Chairman (Current)
- Ad Hoc Transportation Committee (Past)
- Law Enforcement Advisory Committee (Past)
- Park and Recreation Advisory Committee (Past)
- Investment Committee (Past)
- Audit Committee. (Current)
- South County Chamber of Commerce Mobility and Business Advocacy Committees
- Woodlands Road Utility District, Board Member
- The Woodlands Waterway Art Council (Executive Director)
- Waterway Art Festival, volunteer
- The Woodlands Rotary Club